Terms and Conditions for Use of Craftspace
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK AND RELEASE
Craftspace LLC (Craftspace) is an innovative, creative, collaborative, and educational space with access to advanced software, emerging technologies, and coworking spaces. For more detailed information, please visit our website at www.craftspaceva.com. In consideration for participation in the activities of Craftspace, participant agrees to the following waiver and release:
1. Assumption of Risk. All Craftspace machinery, equipment, devices, and materials shall be used at my own risk. I acknowledge that there are inherent risks in the use of tools, equipment, devices, and hazardous materials of any kind commonly used in crafting, fabrication, software design and other technology-related activities and that my participation in such activities and/or use of such tools may result in injury, illness, death or damage to me or my personal property. Further, such risks and dangers may be caused by myself, guests or other participants. Finally, such injury, illness, death or damage to me or my personal property, may arise from foreseeable or unforeseeable causes. I hereby fully assume all such risks and any others which arise because of my participation in activities at Craftspace.
2. Release of Liability. I waive and release all claims against Craftspace, its officers, agents, volunteers, board members, employees and assigns from any and all liability whatsoever arising out of any damage, loss or injury to me or my property while participating in any activity on the premises of Craftspace and/or using any equipment owned by Craftspace or another member or guest of Craftspace regardless of whether such loss or injury is as a result of negligence of Craftspace or its members, guests, agents, volunteers and assigns, or is a result of some other cause.
3. Covenant Not to Sue. I agree that I will not, under any circumstances, initiate any legal action against Craftspace, its members, volunteers, agents, employees and assigns, nor will I assist in the prosecution of any such legal action filed by another, arising out of an injury to the person or property of myself while participating in the activities contemplated by membership in Craftspace. This covenant extends to include the heirs, executors, administrators or assigns of participant.
4. Third-Party Indemnification. I indemnify, save and hold harmless Craftspace, its members, volunteers, agents, employees and assigns from any and all losses, claims, actions or proceedings of every kind and character which may be initiated by any other persons or organizations and that arise directly or indirectly from the actions of myself while engaged in the activities contemplated by membership in Craftspace. I hereby acknowledge that I have carefully read all of the above provisions, fully understand, and voluntarily sign this document as a condition of participation in Craftspace.
5. Damages. I agree to pay for any damage sustained to Craftspace property as a result of participation in activities at Craftspace. Payment shall be made directly to Craftspace within thirty days of receipt of damage and I am responsible for all costs associated with collection.
6. Emergency and Medical. I hereby give permission to Craftspace for emergency transportation and/or treatment in the event of illness or injury. I hereby accept responsibility for the payment of any emergency transportation and/or treatment. I further certify that I am/my child/children is/are in good physical condition, and have/has no medical or physical conditions that would restrict participation in Craftspace activities.
7. Marketing Release. I consent and agree to the use of any photos or video of myself for marketing purposes, including but not limited to the Craftspace Facebook and Instagram pages, website, and other applicable marketing outlets.